Licensed Secondary Teachers K12 (Math, Science, History and English) - YCCS
Youth Connection Charter School
May 31, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
For over fifteen years, Youth Connection Charter School (YCCS) has served as the leading provider of alternative education programs in the Chicago area. YCCS is the only chartered alternative education system that is solely dedicated to serving the growing population of dropout and at-risk students in Illinois.
We are currently recruiting Licensed Secondary Teachers (PEL) for the 2018-2019 school year. The Teacher will serve as the instructional leader in a specified subject area who plans and implements an educational program for an assigned group of students.
If you are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of these students who have been under-served and/or disconnected from traditional education please consider applying.
YCCS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability insurance, a 403B plan and several paid holidays.
• Position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a Professional Educator License with Secondary Endorsement
• Must have passed basic skills test and subject matter test
• Must maintain current Illinois certification with subject area endorsement
• Must demonstrate the experience, beliefs, attitude and awareness that indicate cultural sensitivity to the student population served
• Ability to partner with students individually, in family or in group, to help mobilize resources and inner capacity to address barriers to their success
• Knowledge of principles and practices of staff, school, and organizational development
• Reports to Principal
About Youth Connection Charter School
YCCS serves At-Risk Students and High School dropouts who are ages 16 - 21 and who have been under-served and/or disconnected from traditional education.
YCCS offers a diversified portfolio of alternative education "choice" campuses for Off-Track Students and Out-of-School Youth that provide multiple pathways to graduation.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin"