1. Assists with the supervision and management of the lab/tutorial sessions.
2. Supports Mathematics Learning Center by maintaining specific computer software for the operation of the program.
3. Assists students with their tutorial needed in specific math classes.
4. Teaches mathematics classes.
5. Promotes tutoring services to math classes on campus.
6. Supervises student students in Math Lab while fostering a positive, collaborative, student-centered environment.
7. Conducts mathematics workshops for students.
8. Previews and installs mathematics computer software.
9. Conducts workshops for faculty, professional staff and students on the operation of computer software as requested.
10. Assists with data collection for research purposes and preparing reports as required while maintaining student files.
11. Assists with the training and mentoring of other professional or para-professional staff members assigned to the learning center.
12. Create supplemental instruction materials for handouts and presentations.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Internal Number: 220_55836
About Tennessee State University
Tennessee State University is committed to excellence and has been consistently listed in the U.S. News & World Report’s “Guide to America’s Best Colleges” for more than a decade. Founded in 1912, TSU is a comprehensive, urban, co-educational, land-grant institution in Nashville, Tennessee. The university has been served by seven presidents, including Dr. Glenda Baskin Glover, who is currently serving as our eighth president.TWO CAMPUSESOur Nashville home offers two locations—the 500-acre main campus nestles in a beautiful residential neighborhood along the Cumberland River, and the downtown Avon Williams campus sits near the center of Nashville’s business and government district.