St. Gabriel's Catholic School is seeking a 4th-grade homeroom and departmentalized math teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. SGCS is a co-educational Independent Catholic school serving students from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade in Austin, Texas. The Lower School is comprised of PreK3-4th grades and the Middle School houses grades 5-8. SGCS provides a challenging and enriched curriculum that allows graduates to achieve success in the high schools of their choice.
The Lower School math curriculum, in particular, is Eureka Math. Math teachers are expected to assist students in achieving a deep understanding of the concepts underlying traditional math algorithms through meaningful differentiated instruction in order to develop critical thinking skills. Lower school homeroom teachers must also possess excellent oral and written communication skills with both colleagues and the community. The ideal candidate, therefore, has at least three years of teaching experience in elementary math, has demonstrated a passion for lower school students and for math, and is either experienced in, or willing to develop expertise in, social-emotional learning, project-based learning, STEAM instruction, technology-rich, and differentiated instruction. SGCS is a 1:1 laptop school, thus teachers are expected to demonstrate meaningful skill with technology in order to create authentic learning experiences for their students.
About St. Gabriel's Catholic School
St. Gabriel’s is the only independent junior kindergarten through eighth-grade Catholic school in Austin. Our beautiful 32-acre campus is nestled in the rolling hills of the beautiful Central Texas Hill Country.
Our extraordinary faculty works to create a strong parent-school partnership. Our learning environment is inclusive, collaborative and participative. We welcome children of all faiths.
Here’s why St. Gabriel’s was named Favorite Private School by the Austin Family Magazine Reader’s Poll in 2014 and 2015. St. Gabriel’s offers:
1. Innovative curricular programs and learning opportunities that nurture a love of learning;
2. A Christ-centered learning environment that inspires students to be informed and ethical leaders who will possess a lifelong commitment to Christian values and service;
3. Best-in-class technological resources to support student learning, including a one-to-one laptop program, iPads, and tele-presence capabilities;
4. STEAM by Design, an approach to learning that integrates design thinking and the Maker Movement to create and invent through hands-on activities;
5. A focus on developing virtues to foster a spirit of generosity and lif...elong commitment to family and community;
Faith is the foundation of all things in our community, as well as the tradition of Catholic education where virtue, excellence, leadership and service are emphasized and valued.
We believe in motivating and empowering our students to think critically and become 21st century thought leaders. Academics are important, but so are meaningful character formation, kindness, respect, manners and sportsmanship. At St. Gabriel’s, each child is known, respected, encouraged and loved.
Here we challenge our students to become the best version of themselves.