Upper School Math (Algebra 2/Trig and Statistics) (Maternity leave position)
Anticipated start date: January 2021 or earlier
One of the oldest independent day schools in the United States, Newark Academy is a thriving community of 625 students grades 6-12, with outstanding faculty and administrative leadership. Located in suburban Northern New Jersey, Newark Academy is a highly selective, academically rigorous school distinguished by the deep connections fostered between students and teachers, a commitment to diversity of people and ideas, and an institution-wide commitment to excellence.
Newark Academy seeks individuals aligned with our mission to serve as a Math Teacher in the high school. A successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for teaching and learning and have the ability to:
- demonstrate care and respect for all students by implementing the curriculum in consultation with the teacher on leave and department chairperson.
- maintain accurate records of attendance, assessments, and homework using the learning management systems of Newark Academy (Canvas and MyNA).
- be actively engaged with students in the classroom and other supervisory duties.
- ensure that the time spent in class is treated as a critical resource for learning.
- communicate expectations for classroom behaviors for students respectfully and fairly.
- ask questions or seek help when needed from administrators, faculty, or staff to support students and the teachers.
Ideal candidates will have classroom teaching experience and specific content expertise. Interested candidates should forward a letter of interest and resume to Traci Osterhagen, Dean of Faculty, at email@example.com.
Newark Academy seeks and celebrates diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body. In admissions and employment practices, scholarship aid and educational programs, Newark Academy upholds applicable state and federal laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination.
About Newark Academy
Newark Academy, a co-educational, independent, nonsectarian, college-preparatory, Grades 6-12 day school in Livingston, NJ. Founded in 1774, Newark Academy is the second oldest day school in the state of New Jersey, and one of 11 pre-Revolutionary schools still operating in the United States. In 1964, the Academy moved from Newark to it's current location in Livingston, NJ and, in 1971, became fully co-educational.
Mission Statement : Newark Academy will contribute to society thoughtful and compassionate citizens who embrace their responsibilities as ethical, intellectual and civic stewards in the global environment.